The Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan Foundation has established a Community Grant Fund to help support the Down syndrome community of West Michigan by supplementing support services to individuals with Down syndrome that fill the gaps in service beyond what the Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan can currently provide.
Grants of up to $2,500 are provided to approved 501(c)3 organizations that provide support services to individuals with Down syndrome in West Michigan.
PLEASE READ THE GRANT GUIDELINES BEFORE APPLYING
To be considered for funding, an organization must meet the following guidelines:
· Be a nonprofit with 501(c)3 status
· Provide direct services to the Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan
· Operate in our 12-county membership area (listed in application)
· Not have received funding from the DSAWM Foundation in the last calendar year
· Every question must be answered for the application to be complete.
· Applications are accepted any time but are only reviewed in the months of February, May, August and November. Decisions are sent to applicants no later than the final day of the review month. Applications received after the first (1st) of February, May, August or November will be held until the next grant review period.
· Along with this completed application, please submit a digital copy or link to you most recent annual report and/or strategic plan if available.
· All granted awards will be asked for a report of how the funds were used and the number of individuals with Down syndrome they supported within one year of award.
*Preference will be given to organizations that have established a community relationship with the Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan and its members. Applications will be ranked based on how the project meets the current needs of our community.